Construction Health & Safety AwarenessGE707-20
Construction Health and Safety Awareness (GE707) is designed for people who are new to the construction industry. It provides basic health, safety and environment steps that you, your employer and the site or project that you are working on should be following. It is the official publication for CITB’s Health and Safety Awareness (HSA) one-day course.
At the beginning of each chapter is a summary of what to expect from your site and employer and what your site and employer should expect from you. Clear illustrations are included as well as practical guidance for construction workers. The publication follows a standard approach which is used across all CITB’s core publications and this enables easy cross-referencing between publications.
GE707 is an A5 publication printed in full colour arranged in sections from A to F. The following information details what each section covers:
• Section A: Legal and management
• General responsibilities • Accident reporting and recording.
• Section B: Health and welfare
• Health and welfare • First aid and emergency procedures • Personal protective equipment • Asbestos • Dust and fumes (Respiratory hazards) • Noise and vibration • Hazardous substances • Manual handling.
• Section C: General safety
• Safety signs • Fire prevention and control • Electrical safety • Work equipment and hand-held tools • Mobile work equipment • Lifting operations and equipment.
• Section D: High risk activities
• Working at height • Excavations • Underground and overhead services • Confined spaces.
• Section E: Environment
• Environmental awareness and waste control.
• Section F: Specialist activities
• Demolition • Highway works • Specialist work at height • Lifts and escalators • Tunnelling • Plumbing (JIB) • Heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR).
- Publication Type Paperback
- ISBN: 978 1 85751 520 6