Construction Site SupervisionGE706-20
Price : £ 0.0
Construction Site Supervision (GE706) provides easy to understand information and practical guidance for site supervisors, front line managers and small construction firms relating to the implementing, supervising and monitoring of the required standards of health, safety and environment on a construction site. It is the official publication for CITB’s Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) two-day course.
Supervising a site brings responsibility to protect the workforce and to remain up to date with legislation. This publication offers advice, checklists, case studies and practical guidance on what to do as well as short, clear explanations on related legislation. A FREE to access companion page is also available on our website and this supports the publication and provides updates to the current edition along with the latest advice, guidance and links to related websites. To view the companion website, please click here
GE706 is an A5 publication printed in full colour arranged in sections from A to F. The following information details what each section covers:
• Section A: Legal and management
• Health and safety law • Construction (Design and Management) Regulations • Health and safety management systems • Risk assessments, method statements and permits to work • Induction and training • Leadership and worker engagement • Statutory inspections and checks • Accident prevention and reporting.
• Section B: Health and welfare
• Health and welfare • First aid and emergency procedures • Personal protective equipment • Hazardous substances • Asbestos • Dust and fumes (Respiratory hazards) • Noise and vibration • Manual handling.
• Section C: General safety
• Site organization • Fire prevention and control • Electrical safety • Temporary works • Work equipment and hand-held tools • Mobile work equipment • Lifting operations • Lifting equipment.
• Section D: High risk activities
• Working at height • Excavations • Underground and overhead services • Confined spaces • Dangerous substances.
• Section E: Environment
• Environmental management • Waste management.
• Section F: Specialist activities
• Street works and road works • Demolition • Working over or near to water.
- Publication Type Paperback
- ISBN: 978 1 85751 518 3