Price : £ 0.0
Toolbox Talks (GT700) has been designed to assist site supervisors, front-line managers and owners of small construction firms in the preparation and delivering of effective toolbox talks on building and construction sites. It is the official publication for CITB’s Site Safety Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) two-day course.
Toolbox talks are an important method of delivering advice on matters of health, safety and the environment, and of stimulating discussion and obtaining feedback, to help maintain and improve standards and keep everyone on site safe and productive.
The publication contains useful tips and information which will assist with the preparation of talks. This includes a delivery log to record talks that have been delivered, a feedback form and a briefing record sheet. The publication follows a standard approach which is used across all CITB’s core publications and this enables easy cross-referencing between publications.
GT700 is an A5 publication printed in full colour arranged in sections from A to F. The following information details what each section covers:
Section A: Legal and management
• Health and safety law • Construction (Design and Management) Regulations • Health and safety management systems • Risk assessments and method statements • Leadership and worker engagement • Statutory inspections and checks • Accident reporting.
Section B: Health and welfare
• Health and welfare • Personal protective equipment • Hazardous substances • Dust and fumes (Respiratory hazards) • Noise and vibration • Manual handling.
Section C: General safety
• Site organisation • Fire prevention and control • Temporary works • Work equipment and hand-held tools • Site transport safety • Lifting operations and equipment.
Section D: High risk activities
• Working at height • Excavations • Underground and overhead services • Confined spaces.
Section E: Environment
• Environmental management • Waste management.
Section F: Specialist activities
• Specialist activities.
- Publication Type Paperback
- ISBN: 978 1 85751 523 7